Saturday, June 10, 2006

Activity Saturday, June 10

The convoy split in two to cover more ground.  One team went to the Bantul and Imogiri towns of Mredo Kulon, Kiyaran, and Gondonli Saluran Sriharjo, bringing tents, shovels, toolkits, toiletry packets, sleeping mats, and cooking oil to each.  The other did a shorter run to Ngepos and Depok.  They met later to share their notes and observations, and have supper.

Tomorrow I carry the camera. I have intentionally not travelled with the convoy, for both convoy safety and economic reasons.  An Indonesian motorcycle convoy won't be harrasssed too much, but add a white guy and all bets are off.  Also, prices tend to increase when "colonials" are present, and even though the funding is foreign, I want the convoy to be what it is: a locally managed and inspired organization. That said, I'm missing all the action, and Yuli thinks an appearance by me would make it more "real" for the team... so, I'll dress quietly and walk softly. Pics sure to follow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home